FLOORING WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please review the following Terms & Conditions prior to finalizing your order and/or installing your material. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and we strive to deliver an exceptional product and service. Do not hesitate to contact us with any additional questions at 215-925-2002 or email@example.com.
INSTALLATION OF ANY FLOORING CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF ITS GRADE, MILLING, AND FINISH.
Provenance Companies has no control over the installation methods or site conditions. We cannot warranty any installation or site-related issue.
Wood is a natural material. Unlike industrially manufactured products, Provenance Companies’ products typically show unique, natural characteristics which add to the beauty of our products. This character may include a variety of color, knots, texture, grain patterns, surface checking, oxide staining, as well as holes from insects, nails, and bolts. We strive to make our samples representative of the final product. However, due to the nature of the material, our samples and sample panels may or may not contain all the variations that will be present in the final product.
ACCLIMATION & INSTALLATION
Provenance Companies recommends following the National Wood Flooring Association installation guidelines and procedures including but not limited to the use of proper fasteners, adhesives, and installation techniques. Additionally, Provenance Companies recommends that all solid materials acclimate to the installation site for one to two weeks. For flooring less than 3”, there should be no more than 4% difference between the properly acclimated floor and the subfloor. For 3” and wider, there should be no more than 2% difference between the floor and subfloor. Additional acclimation and installation information can be obtained from the National Wood Flooring Association at nwfa.org. We recommend that all installation, sanding, and finishing be completed by a qualified flooring professional. Disregard of these recommendations can lead to material and/or installation failure.
In the event that Purchaser, having already received materials from Provenance, finds that the quantity is not sufficient to complete the installation: Such shortfalls are the Purchaser’s responsibility and not Provenance Companies'.
In the event Purchaser wishes to purchase additional “Add-On” material from Provenance Companies, please know that Provenance Companies CANNOT assure Purchaser that Add-On material will blend in or look identical to the original material. Additionally, because of the need for extra set-up and other expenses on what may well be a small amount of Add-On material, the price per unit of the Add-On material may be higher than the original price. Additionally, standard lead-times will typically apply. For the above and other reasons, Purchaser is urged to initially order sufficient material—with good allowance for waste—to avoid the need for Add-On material.
LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY
Please review the following Limited Product Warranty prior to installing your material.
1. Structural Integrity Warranty: For the period of one year from the date of delivery, Provenance Companies warrants that the material provided will not shrink, warp, delaminate, deteriorate excessively, or break from a manufacturing defect, or malfunction due to inferior workmanship in the manufacturing process. Please inspect your material upon receipt and prior to installation. As noted below, this warranty will not cover any material containing visible defects after it has been installed.
2. Refinishing Warranty: We warrant that our material may be professionally sanded without impairing the durability of the material, if and only if proper sanding and finishing techniques are followed as specified by the National Wood Flooring Association at nwfa.org.
3. Prefinished Material Warranty: Prefinished material shall exhibit a range that reflects both the natural characteristics of the material as well as the variation inherent in a prefinishing process. All finishes utilized are product specific and recommended maintenance can be provided. All finish performance is subject to the standards of the finish manufacturer.
4. Warranty Limitations: The warranties described in this Warranty do not cover certain events beyond our control. Our warranties do not cover the following:
a. Natural expansion and contraction of boards, including cupping and crowing, caused by insufficient or excessive humidity or temperature during the acclimation or installation process. We recommend a climatic temperature of 60-75 degrees Fahrenheit and 35% to 50% humidity. For more information on proper installation standards, visit nwfa.org.
b. Changes in color or gloss due to aging, excessive sunlight, or excessive moisture. Please note that exposure to UV rays may alter the color of wood and/or finish.
c. Color or texture variations between approved samples and the final, delivered material.
d. Natural wood variations which may occur from board to board.
e. Wearing of finish in high traffic areas, in seating areas, or from household pets.
f. Defects that do not exceed the waste factor recommended by Provenance Companies or your installer. Standard waste factors for reclaimed material are 20% and 15% for non-reclaimed material, above your total required square foot coverage.
g. Damage caused by poor installation including improper acclimation or storage, deficiencies
h. Damages caused by water or subfloor moisture, including but not limited to broken or leaking water pipes, flooding, wet-mopping, relative humidity, spills, pets, or natural weather conditions.
i. Defects or damages resulting from other site and environmental conditions such as extreme heat or radiant heat.
j. Boards installed with visible defects. If you see boards with defects in excess of the product description, DO NOT install them. This includes visible manufacturing, natural, or other defects.
k. Natural wood characteristics including seasonal gapping due to the wood’s expansion and contraction in heating and non-heating seasons. Color changes due to aging or exposure to UV / sunlight.
l. Damage caused by fire, flooding, and other natural disasters, acts of terrorism, or Acts of God.
m. SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR EXPENSES RELATING TO ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE WARRANTED MATERIALS ITSELF ARE NOT COVERED UNDER THE LIMITED WARRANTY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LEGAL FEES AND EXPENSES, PERSONAL DAMAGES AND OUT OF POCKET COSTS AND EXPENSES INCLUDING LOST
WAGES OR INCOME, INTEREST OR FINANCING CHARGES, LOSS OF USE OF THE PREMISES, HOTEL STAYS, STORAGE FEES, KENNEL EXPENSES FOR PETS; OR COSTS AND EXPENSES RELATING TO THE REPAIR OR REMOVAL OF DEFECTIVE FLOORING OR INSTALLATION OF REPLACEMENT FLOORING, INCLUDING WORK, LABOR, AND MATERIALS TO PERFORM THE REPAIRS,
REMOVAL, OR REPLACEMENT OF TH DEFECTIVE MATERIALS OR THE REMOVAL OR REPLACEMENT OF FURNISHINGS, APPLIANCES, OR FIXTURES.
5. Modification: Our employees or distributors DO NOT have the authority to alter these Terms & Conditions or Limited Warranty.
6. Warranty Claims: To maintain coverage under this Limited Warranty, you must ensure that the material is properly acclimated and installed in accordance with prevailing industry standards and that you properly care for your material. For a complete list of proper maintenance and installation standards, visit nwfa.org. If you believe that the material you purchased does not conform to the warranties described in this Limited Warranty, you must submit a claim to us in writing at 1801 North American Street, 1E, Philadelphia, PA 19122 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your claim must be accompanied by proof of proper installation including pre-installation moisture test results and receipts of recommended adhesives.
7. Provenance Companies’ Responsibilities: If any of Provenance Companies’ products do not comply with the Limited Warranty, then we will provide new stain or replacement material for either the repair or replacement of the defective area, at our option.
In the event that the repair or replacement material does not meet the Limited Warranty standards, then we will refund the portion of the purchase price for the section of failed material. THE LIMITED WARRANTY ONLY COVERS OUR PRODUCT AND DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS OR EXPENSES FOR THE REPAIR, REMOVAL, OR REPLACEMENT OF WARRANTED MA-
TERIAL, INCLUDING SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
9. Disclaimer of All Other Warranties: THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY, AND PROVENANCE COMPANIES DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY SUCH WARRANTIES CANNOT BE VALIDLY DISCLAIMED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.